After about two more weeks of development, we have made a lot of changes. Below are the highlights:
- The game can now be re-sized, and you can enter fullscreen with Alt+Enter.
- There are now chat commands, such as /help which displays all available chat commands and a description of them.
- There is now a loot frame (created by Dashie) to display your recently acquired items. You can see this in the bottom-right of the picture below. It's similar to MapleStory's loot frame, except that items are color-coded based on rarity and experience doesn't show up in it (for good reason -- I'll discuss this later).
- There has been some work on the skill frame, which should be finished today.
- There's now a toolbar in the bottom-right corner which gives you easy access to the frames that can be toggled on / off.
- Dashie reworked the event handling for the GUI, making everything much more streamlined and downright better.
- Added a damage display. In the picture below, you can see me damaging the blocks around me with my attacks. Damage from other players is gray and semi-transparent at the start, slowly fading out as it moves towards the top of the screen. When monster damage is added, it'll be red. Healing will be in green, and experience gains will be in blue or purple (possibly with an icon next to them showing the skill it was for?). I haven't decided if I want to show gold gains in this way as well, but if I do, it'll be in yellow with a gold coin next to it (League of Legends style).
We'll be knocking out the rest of the block destroying on the server-side and cleaning up the skill frame soon. Hopefully I can get a rudimentary PvP system added shortly as well. PvP will be "PvE Wow-style" with a PvP flag that can be toggled on / off with /pvp. Attacking someone in PvP will refresh the duration of the PvP flag back to 5 minutes. If someone flags themselves and runs in your path, you will not hurt them unless you explicitly enable /pvp. This way, unlike in WoW, you can't "accidentally" become flagged.
Ah yeah. It's coming along very nicely Alex. Just looking at it now, It's looking fun. Though it's now starting to begin alpha stages, still liking it.
~Made By @Roobanoopa~
@iPodGuru We're not quite in alpha yet. I'll declare that we're in alpha once we have PvP, monsters, skills, and block breaking / placement finished. This'll probably be about 4~7 more weeks I'm guessing.
You'll know when we're in alpha, because the server will switch from using the dummy database to using a live database, meaning players will be allowed to register and begin playing the game. Around this time the server will also seem to get much "faster" as we switch from a server located in New Zealand to one located in North Virginia.
Well, we still need to figure out what we need to include for the alpha release. There are a lot of potential things we can add. Sometime we need to make a list and stick with it, otherwise we will defiantly go over time.